The Beetle Blog is a collection of snapshots & stories by New Energy Works Timberframers of New York & Oregon.
Over three decades ago we started New Energy Works Timberframing, a small timber frame company. Today, along with our sister company Pioneer Millworks, we employ nearly 100 designers, timberwrights, engineers, craftspeople, and community members.
Together, we design and build some of the most lyrical and efficient timber frames in the industry, using reclaimed timbers, environmentally responsible practices, and state-of-the-art technology and software.
New Energy Works clients hail from all over North America (and sometimes beyond). We build these relationships from our shops in New York and Oregon, along with a handful of trusted partners in the US and Canada. Our clients’ dreams, wants, and needs are as diverse as their locations. Their common thread is love of fine wood, elegant design, and quality craft. We invite you to pick and choose from our menu of services, incorporating as much or as little into your project as your see fit.
- Architectural design: planning, design, interiors, landscape
- Timber framing: design, engineering, manufacturing, build
- Enclosure systems: structural insulated panels & cellulose insulation
- Construction: project management & general contracting
- Fine woodworking: cabinetry, countertops, doors, stairs, and more
- Recycled wood products: flooring, barn siding, timbers, more
We hope that you’ll explore our full website and revisit it regularly. In the years that we’ve been online, we’ve found this site to be an invaluable design resource, one that has evolved and improved through input from people like you. We always appreciate your comments
— keep in touch.